Lash extensions- the trendy, oh so popular way to ditch mascara and trade it in for a longer and fuller lash look. Many clients ask me the same questions and so I thought I’d answer them here.
Let’s start with what lash extensions are. They are small hairs that come in different lengths and thicknesses. They are either individual or in hand-made fans created by your lash artist and applied to each individual natural eyelash on your eye. The lash tech will evaluate what size and thickness to use based on your natural lashes and the look you are trying to achieve. A set of lashes is very customizable. Contrary to popular belief, they don’t just have to be super dramatic! (Unless, of course, you love the dramatic look!) Our Audrey set is a classic lash set that adds length and some fullness, while our Kim K set are volume lashes with a fuller effect.
Sounds amazing right?! They’re pretty addicting. Now I will answer some frequently asked questions below, as well as include a guide on how to maintain your beautiful set of lashes.
Can I wear contacts?
-Yes, you may wear contacts during and after the procedure
Can I wash my face?
-Yes, just do not use a cleanser containing oil on your eyes. See below for more details.
Can I come in with makeup on?
-You can wear eyeshadow and concealer if necessary, but avoid mascara.
How long does it take?
-Your first full set will take about 2 hours, and a fill about 1 hour.
Will I lose my lashes?
-The average person loses 2-5 natural lashes on each eye per day, even if you don’t notice it! You will lose the extensions that are attached to those lashes but after that a new lash will grow in its place.
How to Take Care of Your Lash Extensions
- Do not get them wet in the first 24 hours
- Brush them with your pink spoolie morning and night!
- Do not use cleanser or eye makeup remover that contain oil, consider saline solution or Dermalogica Soothing Eye Makeup Remover to cleanse the eye area.
- Use baby washcloths and eye tees swabs to clean the lash area. *Important- you must still clean your eye area to prevent dirt and oil buildup or infection!
- Be gentle, your eyes and lashes are a delicate area:)
- Come in every 2-3 weeks to keep them full and beautiful
I hope this provides you with everything you need to know about getting lash extensions. While they can be an upkeep, the result is well worth it! If you have any questions for me, always feel free to stop into Public Image!