Face-Framing Highlights: Strategies for Flattering, Low Maintenance Color
If you feel like your hairstyle has become dull and flat, face-framing highlights may be precisely what you need. Subtle highlights around the face can perk up your complexion and accentuate your best facial features.
The great thing about face-framing highlights is that they provide depth and dimension without being high maintenance. Plus, they look beautiful on all different hair lengths, textures, and complexions.
What Are Face-Framing Highlights?
As the name suggests, face-framing highlights involve placing delicate highlights around the face to illuminate your complexion. Typically, fine strands are lightened a few shades lighter than your base color and painted from your temples down alongside your cheekbones.
Highlights may also be woven around your hairline and scattered lightly throughout your hair’s front and crown sections.
The placement of these highlights is customized to your facial structure and features. An experienced colorist will analyze the angles of your face to determine the most flattering placement. Highlights are painted naturally and subtly to add radiance and glow while still looking polished.
Benefits of Face-Framing Highlights
- Brightens and lifts your complexion – Strategic highlights illuminate your skin and make your face pop. Warm, buttery highlights counteract shadows.
- Flatter’s facial features – Highlights can minimize a broad forehead, accentuate cheekbones, soften a strong jawline or slenderize a round face.
- Provides dimension – Highlights and lowlights add depth and visual interest to your hairstyle, preventing it from looking one-dimensional.
- Easy maintenance – Unlike full highlights, face-framing highlights only touch the front hairline and around the face, requiring less frequent touch-ups.
- Works with any hair color – Whether blonde, brunette or somewhere in between, highlights around the face give hair color depth.
- Youthful and lively – The brightness of subtle highlights gives off a fresh, radiant vibe. Your complexion will instantly look more awake.
- Complements any hair length – Face-framing highlights look equally beautiful on short, medium or long hair.
- Easy to transition – Starting with face-framing highlights allows you to introduce highlights into your hair color slowly over time.
How to Style Face-Framing Highlights
The beauty of face-framing highlights is that they look gorgeous when hair is worn straight or wavy. With straight hair, make sure highlights seamlessly blend with the rest of your hair for a natural look. Add some waves or curls to your hair to make the highlights pop even more.
Highlights that frame your face add dimension to whether you prefer to wear your hair up or down. Pull your hair into a bun or ponytail; the highlights will attractively frame your face. Part your hair to either side to show off the highlights.
Get Gorgeous Face-Framing Highlights in New Jersey
If you’re ready to illuminate your complexion, look no further than The Public Image LTD salon in Wayne, New Jersey. The talented stylists are color experts who will evaluate your skin tone, facial structure, and hair to create custom highlights just for you. High-quality balayage techniques are used to achieve a seamless, natural look.
At your appointment, your stylist will walk you through options to determine the placement and color that will have you looking radiant. Book your next hair color service online at The Public Image LTD salon or call to schedule a consultation. With personalized face-framing highlights, you’ll leave feeling bright, confident and beautiful.